All of us have a bunch of old saris that belong to our mothers or our grandmothers that unfortunately haven’t been touched for years because the handiwork and it’s style makes it irrelevant for regular wear. So, what can you do with those old saris? You can actually do a lot. This is a lot advantageous as it is environmentally friendly as well as pocket-friendly because you can happen to save the cost of your fabric.
Saris are basically about 5-6 meters of fabric that you can use in whatever way you like that entirely makes them a perfect piece to be transformed into any dress of your choice. Depending on the fabric of the sari, you can transform these old saris not just into ethnic wear, but you can also design some beautiful and chic looking fusion wear- contemporary and bohemian, any.
So, here’s a DIY list of recycling your old saris in some fabulous stuff or basically here are some of the DIY techniques of getting yourselves designer clothes in lower costs.
Change the Old Sari into a New One:
If you have some saris that are torn or degraded from little places, you can use the creativity in your mind and henceforth, can turn the old piece into a new one. You can do this either at home or you can go to the tailor for required amendments. You can stitch Kundan work, sequin, or zari based patch work border. Also, you can add hangings or pompoms at the end of the pallu.
Lehenga can be planned from your Old Sari:
Lehenga from an old silk saree is a creative option. If you do not have enough fabric for the entire outfit, you can use it in bits and pieces. Once you get enough material for the lehenga, use the rest for the blouse. Also, you can use the whole sari for the lehenga and get a contrasting cloth piece for the blouse. You can enhance it with borders of sequin, zardozi, Kundan work, embroidery or a heavy lace of your choice.
Get an Indo-Western Suit made out of your Sari:
Old Saris manages to extend great outcomes of Indo-Western Suits when manipulated in a creative design. For bottom to the dupatta, you could use old sari and mix and match it with what other material you have. You can enhance it with patchwork, designer borders for necklines, dupatta and at the end of suit and its sleeves.
Otherwise, if there is not enough material for an entire dress, just get a kurta stitched which can be matched with a contemporary looking palazzo or simple or net leggings or dhoti pants depending on the design of your kurta.
Get a Gown or Maxi Dress Stitched:
For this, you can pick up your old cotton saris and transform it into a western looking gown or maxi dress which can be worn on any occasion in summers. For a heavy and Indian look, you can pick up heavy embroidery saris or saris with heavy border or patchwork.
Dedicating the whole Sari to a Long Skirt:
By doing so, you will have a great circumference of the skirt that to flaunt your grace and beauty. You can pair it up with a short kurta or a plain t-shirt or a shirt or a tank top.
Stitch Beautiful Dupattas:
A heavy dupatta paired with plain Anarkali suit has its own beauty to demonstrate. Also, why you have to invest in an expensive dupatta when you can make the same expensive looking one from a part of sari with minimal or no cost at all. Plus, you can mix and match these for more than just one dress, maybe with a plain gown for an ethnic look.
Capes, Overcoats or Jackets; Your Choice:
Capes, overcoats or half jackets, which are made out of your old saris and present a traditional look, they will be faddy enough if mixed and matched with the contemporary outfits like jeans, leggings or even shorts. Indie-fusion with old saris in the form of any design will showcase a good combination.
Turn it into a Short Dress:
You can use a piece of your long sari to turn the same into a short ready to go dress. This outfit will present a fusion of Indian culture with that of Western Outfit completely changing our mindsets formed for fashion.
You can use the patches of sari to emerge it as a pocket square for the men in your house. These pocket squares go perfectly with their Jodhpuri or a velvet jacket or a three-piece suit that they have planned to wear for a wedding or any family other function. So, replace the contemporary looking pocket squares for the ethnic one.
Public Relations happen to be that tool which can introduce your company to greater heights as well as it can drown your company to worsen lows. Positive public relations tells the targeted customers that you’re a company upon which they can trust and have confidence upon, while negative public relations conveys your targeted customers to stay away from your company and your company’s products. Establishing a strong public relations strategy requires you to approach the public and make them aware of the good qualities of your company.
The essential elements of positive public relations are objectives, strategies, principles, tactics, and metrics. To elaborate this concept, here is a list of tips that will acknowledge you about how to establish positive public relations:
1. List Down your PR Objectives:
Start by jotting down your PR objectives in writing. It can be simple bulleted points list. The coverage of points will depend upon the type of company, your customers, your competition, and your targeted public.
The examples of your listed points can be:
- How to introduce your new product or service?
- What will be the mode of announcing your company’s events?
- What activities of the company should be highlighted in mass media?
- What is your employees’ promotional scheme?
2. Know your Audience:
Do you have a research done on products and services you provide? Are you ensuring that whatever products or services you offer, actually fulfill a customer’s need? Are your customers satisfied with whatever they are being offered? If not, contemplate and act upon those concerns internally. PR practitioners should keep their ears open to the customers’ feedbacks; that what they demand and what is the end use of the product they desire. Use this knowledge to support the development of your company’s products that will truly develop you in the marketplace,
3. Know the difference between Stories and News:
There is a difference between stories and news. Stories have a long-lasting effect and maintain the necessary elements in the minds of the readers. Great stories are shared. News announcements are pacing with time, and accordingly, they happen to be inconsistent and mortal. Press’ work is to continue the saga of “another press release” as a new trending headline to gain interests of the viewers and increase their shares and followings.
4. Focus on Outcomes:
What are the headlines, perceptions, and actions you want to see that should be delivered through your pre-planned strategy? What do you want readers to see/hear/feel/do? Try to make and assign a long-term plan that works towards creating a set of desired outcomes.
5. Have a Call to Action:
Think about the actions you want from the public in return from the relationship you have maintained with them. This can come in the form of feedbacks which can be generalized as comments that the readers have updated on your website. Once you have someone’s attention, you need to keep them engaged and satisfied? This is an important aspect of PR.
6. Additional PR Tactics and Tools:
In spite of aforementioned tips, you can follow these to positively establish your public relations:
- Create a PR contact list through which you can communicate about the prospective strategies.
- Schedule right amount of timing for PR activities.
- Call the media contacts and introduce yourself as a subject matter expert. Sooner or later, they may call you when they need a quote on a story in your particular field.
- Don’t forget about introducing yourselves on blogs and social media. These days, PR online is more advantageous and prosperous than PR offline.
- Highlight the awards you’ve won or recognition earned. You can mention the same on your website and social media which will make the potential customers aware that you’re a strong company that goes above and beyond.
- Hire a per se workforce to show the public that you accept people from all cultures, backgrounds, and races.
- When you advertise with new employees, you can easily keep a point and that is: you can embrace all types of people.
- Donate to a charity that you support. Make it known to the public that you donate to certain charities by either placing posters or by creating a section on your website.
Whether it’s Mumbai or any part of this Nation or of this World, fashion in an instinct that makes you feel that you look good and classy. Fashion
is all about it. It’s about looking faddy in your comfortable looks.Inspired from various fashion weeks, shows and brands, here’s a compilation of super fashionable winter trends
for 2k18-2k19. Every trend mentioned is compiled with warmth that enhances every look and portrays it stunningly in every aspect. Beyond the shadow of doubt, each look is vibrant and classy to carry. Through these trends
, you can undoubtedly influence every fashion lover perfectly.
- Animal Prints: May it be a leopard’s print or tiger’s, zebra’s or ocelot’s, strips or spots, all are completely in fashion. Many beautiful models led their way in these patterned attires. It executes the meaning of boldness, independence and strength. So, pick up the dresses which have such patterns that make you look as a smart and a fearless individual.
You may have a look upon these models who lead their catwalk in animal prints.
- Leather Classy Look: Leather always brings out a classy look. It also gives a corporate and a business look. Attires available in this cloth material turns out to be comfortable as well as cozy for the season of fall.
- Leggings: Leggings are turning out be fashionable as many makeovers are there to overtake the other bottom wears. May it be in animal prints or wet alike leather; it’s simply stylish to wear. Many models have been attired in beautiful leggings so as to fill the winter’s wardrobe.
- Metallic: From Balmain to Christian Dior, each is showing their special bunch of dresses in the same. Pick up yours for this Christmas Season.
- Capes: Capes were and are again in trend. This season it’s setting fire in fashion world like anything. Take out your old ones as well as buy some new ones.
- Glossy Textures: These textures and fabrics are taking a special space in today’s fashion and are growing at a rapid rate. With metallic, it is already outshine your wardrobe.
- Checks: It’s undoubtedly a popular print and is widely accepted. It was a trend and can never be out of it.
- Colour Trends: Here you can have a look upon trendy colours which can be adorned in this winter:
a.Violet: Violet is always trendy for the individuals of every age group and make you look undoubtedly stylish.
b. Fuchsia Pink: It can be said that pink is a sophisticated and an all-season colour. Your looks will always be portrayed as an admirable one in this colour.
c. Cherry Red: A vibrant colour to exemplify the look of velvet and silk simply in an amazing way.
d. Brown: For a subtle look, brown can be added to your lists. It’s natural and just bewitching.
e. Techs’ Blue: It gives a social look as it’s a common colour which enhances every social media platform. This colour happens to be a trendsetter.
d. Sea Green: Always been a favourite in the season of summer but it’s amazingly outshining in the season of fall too.
f. Olive Green: Another natural essence that can be added in your wardrobes through the medium of this colour. It’s almost similar to the greens of that of military.
g. Marble Gray: Another form of black which happens to be classy as well as stylish. It’s suitable and perfect for every type of dress.
e. Yellow: Yellow adds a spice to your overall wardrobe. It’s vibrant as well as classy. Designers left no stone unturned to showcase this colour also as a trending one.
h. Vibrant Orange: A vibrant shade added to showcase some brightness and faddy look to your winter’s wardrobe.
i. Beige: It’s an all-time favourite colour. It’s everlasting. It’s a colour which can never go out of trend as it happens to be calm and eye-catching.
Natural alternatives for skin care are gaining a lot importance recently because use of harmful chemicals and synthetic products cause more harm to our skin than benefit it. We can easily make and use natural skincare solutions at home. It is better to consider opting for the more natural alternatives like herbal agents whatever be your skin type. Here is a list of 5 herbs
that will work best with the dry skin type for healing purposes.
Aloe Vera can be undoubtedly called the most famous herb for your skin. The common uses of aloe vera are for moisturizing purposes for women and men alike. While women can use aloe vera as a moisturizer prior to applying any makeup, men can use it to rehydrate their skins after getting a shave. That is the most basic use of aloe vera. One of the rather challenging skin issues that it can work for includes fighting pimples, acne, and boils. That is because this gel is blessed with both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
You don’t have to go for aloe vera only for skin issues though. Aloe Vera can be used in general practice very efficiently as it is a very good source of vitamins C and E that are essentials for your skin. Aloe vera can purify your skin well and help you get rid of blemishes. The Ayurvedic scriptures clearly mention these beneficial properties of this gel making it nothing less than a miraculous gel that will help your skin in all ways.
Calendula is on the most popular plant in the houses of India. This helps many issues like sunburns, cuts, and scrapes. The vulnerary agent present in this herb works well with healing damaged skin and wounds. Marigold oil work miraculously for treating eczema. The herb reduces scarring by producing collagen.
All the herbs are a natural and a side effect free way towards a healthy skin. Nature has provided us with natural solutions and we can make the most of these by using these to the fullest.
Chamomile is a key herb to healthy skin. Chamomile has a powerful compound called Alpha-bisabolol which helps one reduce the presence of fine lines and wrinkles by healing the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties that lead to giving skin-soothing and skin-refreshing benefits. You can apply a cooled cup of chamomile tea on your face or use the tea bags directly on the skin. Either of these methods can help you get the benefits fo this natural healer.
Peppermint acts as a thermoreceptor. The menthol that is present in it has cooling properties. This means that the nerves sense the cold without actually changing the temperature. This menthol helps us to calm the heat of the inflamed and sore muscles under the skin.
Also, peppermint oil can help you deter insects. You can crush the leaves of the herb onto your skin and keep flies, mites, and mosquitoes away. It can also help you deal with bites, burns, and scalds in a better way.
Horsetail is useful because of its astringent properties that help to make the skin firm. This herb also helps to deal with acne.
Horsetail has a good content of silica that. Silica is a constituent of collagen. Collagen will keep one’s skin youthful and supple. This makes horsetail a really good anti-aging herb. It can also work really well with thinning of the hair, sagging of the skin, roughness of the skin, and premature aging. It has properties that keep the blood vessels together which gives the skin an even texture.
Modeling is an industry that seems so warm and inviting but the reality is somewhat in contrast to the impression it creates. The real struggle is overcoming certain norms being followed from times immemorial, like having a good height, fair complexion, zero figure etc. One couldn’t even think of considering modeling if he/she was less than 5’8” back in the 20th century. Now the situation is tilting, for good. Professionals are open to break the barriers of narrow thinking and prevalent stereotypes. Stereotypes which serve no purpose and only hamper most of the aspiring models to refrain from this career, often to the loss of this industry only. Now with the industry witnessing this shift in traditions, it is getting serious and highly competitive. People from all sections of the society and having exceptional looks, with respect to the standard norms followed earlier, are finding their stand and even carving out a niche for themselves.Presentation matters a lot in today’s times. It reflects upon your concern for catering to every single little detail. Even a dismal picture or even such a situation can be turned around to look visually stunning and pleasing if presented like that. Not only in case of photographs do presentation matters but also in case of things like home decor, websites, physical attributes etc. Making a regular routine stuff really appealing is not a child’s play. One needs to have the required skills and the perfect understanding of what goes best with something to attract acknowledgement and appreciation ultimately. Mastering this art definitely requires effort. Same goes with fitness. It matters how you present your body, maintain it, tone it to look appealing. How to highlight your strengths is the key to succeed in the modeling industry. Let’s take a look on some of the tips to lose weight fast.
- Fasting diet – models drink a lot of water and try not to eat past 5 p.m.; so, if you try not to eat too late and eat your meals earlier in the day so you have enough energy to conserve for the rest of your daily activities, that will prove to be great.
- Low carbs – a diet high in low calorie vegetables like celery or salads, beans of that nature, some fruits etc. Often cutting out on red meat, chicken is beneficial. If you want seafood, you can opt for salmon, once in a while. Eat more fibers and proteins, but less carbohydrates. Proteins will make you feel full for longer and lessen cravings.
- Cut out the sugar – if you go on a sugar restrictive diet for a couple of days, you’ll notice that you have a lot of energy and you tend to lose weight quickly. At first you are going to have a relapse, sort of, from the sugar. Having headaches, getting jitters might happen if you go without sugar for a couple of days but that is not at all a warning sign as ultimately you’ll feel a surge in your energy level and will make you less dependent on needing sugar for energy.
- Apple cider vinegar – it has acetic acid which is good for losing weight. Drink apple cider vinegar and water in the morning. Take a tiny cup of apple cider vinegar and dilute that with some water. It helps you speed up your metabolism for the day. It helps you burn fat and also stops body fat from building up.
- Lemon – take a small lemon and squeeze it into a cup of water and drink it first thing in the morning, before you even have your first meal. This also helps you kick up your metabolism and allow you to burn fat with all your daily activities. Lemon water helps the body to absorb nutrients it needs to burn fat into energy and stop weight gain.
- Safflower oil – it actually helps you burn belly fat. So, by taking safflower oil you break down the fat. It makes it easier for you to burn that fat with your daily routine.
- Green tea – replace your regular tea/coffee with green tea. Green tea has a range of antioxidants that help the body break down foods and help in losing weight. The catechins in green tea are very good for burning fat because they are free fat from fat cells. They also fight free radicals and stop diseases. You can drink 3-4 cups of green tea in a day.
- Exercise – if you really want to lose weight in a healthy way, there’s no way to escape from regular exercise and activity. Doing a mix of mild and hard physical activity will help you lose weight and control it. Also, it helps lessen stress and raise your energy, mood and sleep quality. It lowers the risk of chronic diseases as well.
- Cut down on white flour – don’t eat things made with white flour like white bread, cookies, muffins, pizzas, hotdogs, burgers, pasta and other foods like that. Choose whole grain and healthier forms of these foods.
- Virgin coconut oil – use this oil in your diet. It is easy to digest, good for your health and also helps your body break down materials faster.
Apart from these, some useful tips might also prove to be a boon for your weight loss regime. Some of them are,
- Choose fresh fruit juice instead of packaged fruit juices.
- Eat smaller meals more often.
- Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day to help your body wash out toxins.
- Get proper sleep and relaxation is very important for weight loss. In fact, not getting quality sleep affects your hunger.
It needs to be understood, however, that losing weight is not confined to following a fad diet and exercising once in a while. It needs proper planning and a lot of determination. So a well thought of plan, keeping in mind your body type and various other factors will definitely help you get that perfect body.