Public Relations happen to be that tool which can introduce your company to greater heights as well as it can drown your company to worsen lows. Positive public relations tells the targeted customers that you’re a company upon which they can trust and have confidence upon, while negative public relations conveys your targeted customers to stay away from your company and your company’s products. Establishing a strong public relations strategy requires you to approach the public and make them aware of the good qualities of your company.
The essential elements of positive public relations are objectives, strategies, principles, tactics, and metrics. To elaborate this concept, here is a list of tips that will acknowledge you about how to establish positive public relations:
1. List Down your PR Objectives: Start by jotting down your PR objectives in writing. It can be simple bulleted points list. The coverage of points will depend upon the type of company, your customers, your competition, and your targeted public.
The examples of your listed points can be:
How to introduce your new product or service?
What will be the mode of announcing your company’s events?
What activities of the company should be highlighted in mass media?
What is your employees’ promotional scheme?
2. Know your Audience: Do you have a research done on products and services you provide? Are you ensuring that whatever products or services you offer, actually fulfill a customer’s need? Are your customers satisfied with whatever they are being offered? If not, contemplate and act upon those concerns internally. PR practitioners should keep their ears open to the customers’ feedbacks; that what they demand and what is the end use of the product they desire. Use this knowledge to support the development of your company’s products that will truly develop you in the marketplace,
3. Know the difference between Stories and News: There is a difference between stories and news. Stories have a long-lasting effect and maintain the necessary elements in the minds of the readers. Great stories are shared. News announcements are pacing with time, and accordingly, they happen to be inconsistent and mortal. Press’ work is to continue the saga of “another press release” as a new trending headline to gain interests of the viewers and increase their shares and followings.
4. Focus on Outcomes: What are the headlines, perceptions, and actions you want to see that should be delivered through your pre-planned strategy? What do you want readers to see/hear/feel/do? Try to make and assign a long-term plan that works towards creating a set of desired outcomes.
5. Have a Call to Action: Think about the actions you want from the public in return from the relationship you have maintained with them. This can come in the form of feedbacks which can be generalized as comments that the readers have updated on your website. Once you have someone’s attention, you need to keep them engaged and satisfied? This is an important aspect of PR.
6. Additional PR Tactics and Tools: In spite of aforementioned tips, you can follow these to positively establish your public relations:
Create a PR contact list through which you can communicate about the prospective strategies.
Schedule right amount of timing for PR activities.
Call the media contacts and introduce yourself as a subject matter expert. Sooner or later, they may call you when they need a quote on a story in your particular field.
Don’t forget about introducing yourselves on blogs and social media. These days, PR online is more advantageous and prosperous than PR offline.
Highlight the awards you’ve won or recognition earned. You can mention the same on your website and social media which will make the potential customers aware that you’re a strong company that goes above and beyond.
Hire a perse workforce to show the public that you accept people from all cultures, backgrounds, and races. When you advertise with new employees, you can easily keep a point and that is: you can embrace all types of people.
Donate to a charity that you support. Make it known to the public that you donate to certain charities by either placing posters or by creating a section on your website.