Whether it’s Mumbai or any part of this Nation or of this World, fashion in an instinct that makes you feel that you look good and classy. Fashion
is all about it. It’s about looking faddy in your comfortable looks.Inspired from various fashion weeks, shows and brands, here’s a compilation of super fashionable winter trends
for 2k18-2k19. Every trend mentioned is compiled with warmth that enhances every look and portrays it stunningly in every aspect. Beyond the shadow of doubt, each look is vibrant and classy to carry. Through these trends
, you can undoubtedly influence every fashion lover perfectly.
- Animal Prints: May it be a leopard’s print or tiger’s, zebra’s or ocelot’s, strips or spots, all are completely in fashion. Many beautiful models led their way in these patterned attires. It executes the meaning of boldness, independence and strength. So, pick up the dresses which have such patterns that make you look as a smart and a fearless individual.
You may have a look upon these models who lead their catwalk in animal prints.
- Leather Classy Look: Leather always brings out a classy look. It also gives a corporate and a business look. Attires available in this cloth material turns out to be comfortable as well as cozy for the season of fall.
- Leggings: Leggings are turning out be fashionable as many makeovers are there to overtake the other bottom wears. May it be in animal prints or wet alike leather; it’s simply stylish to wear. Many models have been attired in beautiful leggings so as to fill the winter’s wardrobe.
- Metallic: From Balmain to Christian Dior, each is showing their special bunch of dresses in the same. Pick up yours for this Christmas Season.
- Capes: Capes were and are again in trend. This season it’s setting fire in fashion world like anything. Take out your old ones as well as buy some new ones.
- Glossy Textures: These textures and fabrics are taking a special space in today’s fashion and are growing at a rapid rate. With metallic, it is already outshine your wardrobe.
- Checks: It’s undoubtedly a popular print and is widely accepted. It was a trend and can never be out of it.
- Colour Trends: Here you can have a look upon trendy colours which can be adorned in this winter:
a.Violet: Violet is always trendy for the individuals of every age group and make you look undoubtedly stylish.
b. Fuchsia Pink: It can be said that pink is a sophisticated and an all-season colour. Your looks will always be portrayed as an admirable one in this colour.
c. Cherry Red: A vibrant colour to exemplify the look of velvet and silk simply in an amazing way.
d. Brown: For a subtle look, brown can be added to your lists. It’s natural and just bewitching.
e. Techs’ Blue: It gives a social look as it’s a common colour which enhances every social media platform. This colour happens to be a trendsetter.
d. Sea Green: Always been a favourite in the season of summer but it’s amazingly outshining in the season of fall too.
f. Olive Green: Another natural essence that can be added in your wardrobes through the medium of this colour. It’s almost similar to the greens of that of military.
g. Marble Gray: Another form of black which happens to be classy as well as stylish. It’s suitable and perfect for every type of dress.
e. Yellow: Yellow adds a spice to your overall wardrobe. It’s vibrant as well as classy. Designers left no stone unturned to showcase this colour also as a trending one.
h. Vibrant Orange: A vibrant shade added to showcase some brightness and faddy look to your winter’s wardrobe.
i. Beige: It’s an all-time favourite colour. It’s everlasting. It’s a colour which can never go out of trend as it happens to be calm and eye-catching.
Natural alternatives for skin care are gaining a lot importance recently because use of harmful chemicals and synthetic products cause more harm to our skin than benefit it. We can easily make and use natural skincare solutions at home. It is better to consider opting for the more natural alternatives like herbal agents whatever be your skin type. Here is a list of 5 herbs
that will work best with the dry skin type for healing purposes.
Aloe Vera can be undoubtedly called the most famous herb for your skin. The common uses of aloe vera are for moisturizing purposes for women and men alike. While women can use aloe vera as a moisturizer prior to applying any makeup, men can use it to rehydrate their skins after getting a shave. That is the most basic use of aloe vera. One of the rather challenging skin issues that it can work for includes fighting pimples, acne, and boils. That is because this gel is blessed with both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
You don’t have to go for aloe vera only for skin issues though. Aloe Vera can be used in general practice very efficiently as it is a very good source of vitamins C and E that are essentials for your skin. Aloe vera can purify your skin well and help you get rid of blemishes. The Ayurvedic scriptures clearly mention these beneficial properties of this gel making it nothing less than a miraculous gel that will help your skin in all ways.
Calendula is on the most popular plant in the houses of India. This helps many issues like sunburns, cuts, and scrapes. The vulnerary agent present in this herb works well with healing damaged skin and wounds. Marigold oil work miraculously for treating eczema. The herb reduces scarring by producing collagen.
All the herbs are a natural and a side effect free way towards a healthy skin. Nature has provided us with natural solutions and we can make the most of these by using these to the fullest.
Chamomile is a key herb to healthy skin. Chamomile has a powerful compound called Alpha-bisabolol which helps one reduce the presence of fine lines and wrinkles by healing the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties that lead to giving skin-soothing and skin-refreshing benefits. You can apply a cooled cup of chamomile tea on your face or use the tea bags directly on the skin. Either of these methods can help you get the benefits fo this natural healer.
Peppermint acts as a thermoreceptor. The menthol that is present in it has cooling properties. This means that the nerves sense the cold without actually changing the temperature. This menthol helps us to calm the heat of the inflamed and sore muscles under the skin.
Also, peppermint oil can help you deter insects. You can crush the leaves of the herb onto your skin and keep flies, mites, and mosquitoes away. It can also help you deal with bites, burns, and scalds in a better way.
Horsetail is useful because of its astringent properties that help to make the skin firm. This herb also helps to deal with acne.
Horsetail has a good content of silica that. Silica is a constituent of collagen. Collagen will keep one’s skin youthful and supple. This makes horsetail a really good anti-aging herb. It can also work really well with thinning of the hair, sagging of the skin, roughness of the skin, and premature aging. It has properties that keep the blood vessels together which gives the skin an even texture.
Modeling is an industry that seems so warm and inviting but the reality is somewhat in contrast to the impression it creates. The real struggle is overcoming certain norms being followed from times immemorial, like having a good height, fair complexion, zero figure etc. One couldn’t even think of considering modeling if he/she was less than 5’8” back in the 20th century. Now the situation is tilting, for good. Professionals are open to break the barriers of narrow thinking and prevalent stereotypes. Stereotypes which serve no purpose and only hamper most of the aspiring models to refrain from this career, often to the loss of this industry only. Now with the industry witnessing this shift in traditions, it is getting serious and highly competitive. People from all sections of the society and having exceptional looks, with respect to the standard norms followed earlier, are finding their stand and even carving out a niche for themselves.Presentation matters a lot in today’s times. It reflects upon your concern for catering to every single little detail. Even a dismal picture or even such a situation can be turned around to look visually stunning and pleasing if presented like that. Not only in case of photographs do presentation matters but also in case of things like home decor, websites, physical attributes etc. Making a regular routine stuff really appealing is not a child’s play. One needs to have the required skills and the perfect understanding of what goes best with something to attract acknowledgement and appreciation ultimately. Mastering this art definitely requires effort. Same goes with fitness. It matters how you present your body, maintain it, tone it to look appealing. How to highlight your strengths is the key to succeed in the modeling industry. Let’s take a look on some of the tips to lose weight fast.
- Fasting diet – models drink a lot of water and try not to eat past 5 p.m.; so, if you try not to eat too late and eat your meals earlier in the day so you have enough energy to conserve for the rest of your daily activities, that will prove to be great.
- Low carbs – a diet high in low calorie vegetables like celery or salads, beans of that nature, some fruits etc. Often cutting out on red meat, chicken is beneficial. If you want seafood, you can opt for salmon, once in a while. Eat more fibers and proteins, but less carbohydrates. Proteins will make you feel full for longer and lessen cravings.
- Cut out the sugar – if you go on a sugar restrictive diet for a couple of days, you’ll notice that you have a lot of energy and you tend to lose weight quickly. At first you are going to have a relapse, sort of, from the sugar. Having headaches, getting jitters might happen if you go without sugar for a couple of days but that is not at all a warning sign as ultimately you’ll feel a surge in your energy level and will make you less dependent on needing sugar for energy.
- Apple cider vinegar – it has acetic acid which is good for losing weight. Drink apple cider vinegar and water in the morning. Take a tiny cup of apple cider vinegar and dilute that with some water. It helps you speed up your metabolism for the day. It helps you burn fat and also stops body fat from building up.
- Lemon – take a small lemon and squeeze it into a cup of water and drink it first thing in the morning, before you even have your first meal. This also helps you kick up your metabolism and allow you to burn fat with all your daily activities. Lemon water helps the body to absorb nutrients it needs to burn fat into energy and stop weight gain.
- Safflower oil – it actually helps you burn belly fat. So, by taking safflower oil you break down the fat. It makes it easier for you to burn that fat with your daily routine.
- Green tea – replace your regular tea/coffee with green tea. Green tea has a range of antioxidants that help the body break down foods and help in losing weight. The catechins in green tea are very good for burning fat because they are free fat from fat cells. They also fight free radicals and stop diseases. You can drink 3-4 cups of green tea in a day.
- Exercise – if you really want to lose weight in a healthy way, there’s no way to escape from regular exercise and activity. Doing a mix of mild and hard physical activity will help you lose weight and control it. Also, it helps lessen stress and raise your energy, mood and sleep quality. It lowers the risk of chronic diseases as well.
- Cut down on white flour – don’t eat things made with white flour like white bread, cookies, muffins, pizzas, hotdogs, burgers, pasta and other foods like that. Choose whole grain and healthier forms of these foods.
- Virgin coconut oil – use this oil in your diet. It is easy to digest, good for your health and also helps your body break down materials faster.
Apart from these, some useful tips might also prove to be a boon for your weight loss regime. Some of them are,
- Choose fresh fruit juice instead of packaged fruit juices.
- Eat smaller meals more often.
- Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day to help your body wash out toxins.
- Get proper sleep and relaxation is very important for weight loss. In fact, not getting quality sleep affects your hunger.
It needs to be understood, however, that losing weight is not confined to following a fad diet and exercising once in a while. It needs proper planning and a lot of determination. So a well thought of plan, keeping in mind your body type and various other factors will definitely help you get that perfect body.
One of the latest makeup trends of this day and age is cosmetic contact lenses. Nothing is left without adding a creative touch. We are fond of taking a dull and boring accessory and reviving it to satisfy our creative hunger. Contact lenses were supposed to be worn in despair (as in weak eyes) but now it has become a fashion trend. With the introduction of a slew of coloured lenses available for us, we have a huge scope for transformation. Cosmetic or coloured contact lenses give your look a new dimension all together. Even a slight change of colour can do wonders for your eyes and face and what’s more is that it also introduces a whole new level of depth to your makeup. Choosing the right colour is an essential aspect as going way too bold can prove to be disastrous. Complexion, hair colour and original colour of the eyes play an important role in deciding the perfect colour of cosmetic contact lenses. For instance colours like brown, hazel, honey, Sterling gray are best suited for dark brown eyes. Let us see some of the popular choices of colours to choose from, for the most prevalent natural eye colours,For Dark brown eyes
- Pure hazel – its an amalgam of dark brown, then yellow and then orange as we go from the outer rim towards the pupil. With dark brown eyes, it gives a orange-green tint.
- Honey – it has a tint of yellow but majority of it is orange.
- Sterling gray – it has a grey-blue tint. Makes dark brown eyes appear angelic in this different tone.
- Gray – it contains a bit blue, green and a tiny hint of brown. This colour blends really well with dark brown eyes. It gives out a natural look making it perfect for everyday use.
- Gemstone green – a very bright, vibrant colour. They are unique and can transform your look completely.
For green and brown eyes
- Brilliant blue – its very bright and fun. This doesn’t look natural but is a bold choice to consider for a summer outing.
- True sapphire – similar to the brilliant blue shade, it contains a bright blue outer rim with a greyish tinge in the middle. This is more towards the natural palette of colours.
- Green – this blends in nicely with green-brown eyes. A slight tinge of greyish brown in the mid, it provides a natural look, yet stands out from other colours.
- Blue – a bright colour indeed. Looks really vibrant with green-brown eyes. It contains a mellow blue shade giving a nice effect in combination with the natural eye colour.
As far as protecting our eyes are considered, after contact lenses comes sunglasses. More and more number of people are opting for sunglasses with UV protection. As the outer environment gets polluted and thus, unhealthy, we are making extra efforts to cover and protect our body. Eyes being the sensitive part of our face, it is highly recommended to invest in quality products for their benefit. With an array of colours and styles, we have countless options to choose from. Aviators, wayfarers, oversized, gradients to name a few in every imaginable colour, be it military green, aqua, pink, reflector shades or basic black and brown.
How to choose the perfect sunglasses is not that big a task but some key factors need to be considered to find the perfect fit. Some of those factors are,
- Face cut or shape – this is by far the most obvious physical factor. Face cut is the key factor in deciding the kind of sunglasses you should opt. For instance, cat eyes and round sunglasses would be best suited for square face shape. Over face shape is the most symmetrical face shape as far as getting sunglasses are considered. Oval face cuts can carry most of the styles with aplomb, be it aviators, wayfarers, John Lennon glasses or oversized. Whereas round face shape is the one which can sport only oversized sunglasses. So, your face shape fairly determines what kind of sunglasses you should sport.
- Complexion – the right colour is necessary while going for sunglasses; and your complexion is a key factor in deciding the kind of colour you should opt. Blue, green, pink etc are suited to cool skin tones, further, red, brown, beige, orange etc. are best for warm skin tones. Fair skinned people should go for darker shades. Nude frames are suited for every skin tone, generally. Plus, nude colours go we with all outfits. People mostly prefer natural colours like tan, camel, black to get that sophisticated look.
- Standards – UV protection is the most important criteria for deciding which sunglasses to buy. Their material and lenses should be of good quality, sturdy and certified.
- Comfortability and durability – this factor is vital if you are involved in physical outdoor activities. The right kind of sunglasses provide you with the required comfortability and durability is essential as nobody wants to give away their prized possession at the first hint of doing any physical activity. It should be sturdy enough to get one through the day, be it travelling, driving, running or any kind of routine activities. Sunglasses should not be so sensitive as to make the user get them off with change of location.
- Purpose or profession – would a cyclist ever want to wear oversized sunglasses if he has a round face shape? Not in the wildest imaginations possible. Apart from face cut, the purpose or the profession also decides the style you should go with. Taking the instance of a cyclist, say, the cyclist should go for a frame which provides extra coverage from air and dust along with being lightweight, durable and comfortable. The colour is also decided with the purpose in mind. A neon shade is not well suited for an MNC employee while going to his office. Here, warm tones are the safest choice.
- Weight – continuing the factor of purpose discussed before, the weight of the frame decides it’s suitability for different purposes. An athlete, a cyclist or any other person involved in excessive physical activity on a daily basis would want to go for a lightweight frame as that makes it easy to carry all day long without making the person uncomfortable. Whereas a person wearing glasses for a short period of time while driving can manage with slightly heavier or bulky frames. So weight is an extension of the previous factor.
All of these factors are important in more ways than one. They help us choose the perfect style for our face. With getting all these factors in check we can sit back and enjoy the sunshine.
Plus size is not seen as a derogatory remark anymore. The fashion industry is tilting in favour of healthy, curvy or full figured models as opposed to the demand for thin, skinny or size zero models earlier.
What does one need to become a plus sized model? Eat what you like, one might think.
But it’s not easy being a plus size model because it comes with out casting many stereotypes prevalent in the society along with maintaining a healthy routine. Yes, being curvy doesn’t mean that you have to be lethargic and not go the gym to work out. Working out according to the body type and maintaining an active lifestyle is really necessary in the modeling industry. Proportionate or toned body is always appreciated.
Apart from maintaining physical standards one has to have a balance between daily activities and work schedule and be really smart to attract the right kind of opportunities. Achieving a stable status in this industry is tough indeed and requires a lot of investment, emotional, physical and initially monetary also.
Fashion world has no dearth of models trying to kick start their career. So, to present oneself, a model needs to have an appealing portfolio. The portfolio must translate your strengths, your versatility. For beginners this might burn into their pockets as it has to be taken care of by the models themselves. Charity and unpaid photoshoots are a good way to go. Travelling and commuting can be daunting as different jobs might be at different locations. Thereafter, you have to be in queues and wait for the auditions. It can be unpredictable and thus challenging. So, be open to every kind of situation, like you might need to go out of your comfort zone according to the shoot. All of this forms a part of your travail. However, this exposure is a good form of socialising and is an integral part of building a good network in this industry. Even if you don’t get a steady job, networking keeps you updated.
Patience is essential, as eventually it will pay off once you get a good hold in the industry and start getting assignments.
It is important to build your own self before allowing anyone else to access your inner self and tear you apart. So, being confident and comfortable in your body is the most important thing to succeed as a plus sized model.
Ultimately becoming an inspiration for others to follow suit and break barriers of stereotypical thinking is a great relief. Getting compliments for your confidence and courage overpowers all the stress and exhaustion.