One of the latest makeup trends of this day and age is cosmetic contact lenses. Nothing is left without adding a creative touch. We are fond of taking a dull and boring accessory and reviving it to satisfy our creative hunger. Contact lenses were supposed to be worn in despair (as in weak eyes) but now it has become a fashion trend. With the introduction of a slew of coloured lenses available for us, we have a huge scope for transformation. Cosmetic or coloured contact lenses give your look a new dimension all together. Even a slight change of colour can do wonders for your eyes and face and what’s more is that it also introduces a whole new level of depth to your makeup. Choosing the right colour is an essential aspect as going way too bold can prove to be disastrous. Complexion, hair colour and original colour of the eyes play an important role in deciding the perfect colour of cosmetic contact lenses. For instance colours like brown, hazel, honey, Sterling gray are best suited for dark brown eyes. Let us see some of the popular choices of colours to choose from, for the most prevalent natural eye colours,For Dark brown eyes
- Pure hazel – its an amalgam of dark brown, then yellow and then orange as we go from the outer rim towards the pupil. With dark brown eyes, it gives a orange-green tint.
- Honey – it has a tint of yellow but majority of it is orange.
- Sterling gray – it has a grey-blue tint. Makes dark brown eyes appear angelic in this different tone.
- Gray – it contains a bit blue, green and a tiny hint of brown. This colour blends really well with dark brown eyes. It gives out a natural look making it perfect for everyday use.
- Gemstone green – a very bright, vibrant colour. They are unique and can transform your look completely.
For green and brown eyes
- Brilliant blue – its very bright and fun. This doesn’t look natural but is a bold choice to consider for a summer outing.
- True sapphire – similar to the brilliant blue shade, it contains a bright blue outer rim with a greyish tinge in the middle. This is more towards the natural palette of colours.
- Green – this blends in nicely with green-brown eyes. A slight tinge of greyish brown in the mid, it provides a natural look, yet stands out from other colours.
- Blue – a bright colour indeed. Looks really vibrant with green-brown eyes. It contains a mellow blue shade giving a nice effect in combination with the natural eye colour.
As far as protecting our eyes are considered, after contact lenses comes sunglasses. More and more number of people are opting for sunglasses with UV protection. As the outer environment gets polluted and thus, unhealthy, we are making extra efforts to cover and protect our body. Eyes being the sensitive part of our face, it is highly recommended to invest in quality products for their benefit. With an array of colours and styles, we have countless options to choose from. Aviators, wayfarers, oversized, gradients to name a few in every imaginable colour, be it military green, aqua, pink, reflector shades or basic black and brown.
How to choose the perfect sunglasses is not that big a task but some key factors need to be considered to find the perfect fit. Some of those factors are,
- Face cut or shape – this is by far the most obvious physical factor. Face cut is the key factor in deciding the kind of sunglasses you should opt. For instance, cat eyes and round sunglasses would be best suited for square face shape. Over face shape is the most symmetrical face shape as far as getting sunglasses are considered. Oval face cuts can carry most of the styles with aplomb, be it aviators, wayfarers, John Lennon glasses or oversized. Whereas round face shape is the one which can sport only oversized sunglasses. So, your face shape fairly determines what kind of sunglasses you should sport.
- Complexion – the right colour is necessary while going for sunglasses; and your complexion is a key factor in deciding the kind of colour you should opt. Blue, green, pink etc are suited to cool skin tones, further, red, brown, beige, orange etc. are best for warm skin tones. Fair skinned people should go for darker shades. Nude frames are suited for every skin tone, generally. Plus, nude colours go we with all outfits. People mostly prefer natural colours like tan, camel, black to get that sophisticated look.
- Standards – UV protection is the most important criteria for deciding which sunglasses to buy. Their material and lenses should be of good quality, sturdy and certified.
- Comfortability and durability – this factor is vital if you are involved in physical outdoor activities. The right kind of sunglasses provide you with the required comfortability and durability is essential as nobody wants to give away their prized possession at the first hint of doing any physical activity. It should be sturdy enough to get one through the day, be it travelling, driving, running or any kind of routine activities. Sunglasses should not be so sensitive as to make the user get them off with change of location.
- Purpose or profession – would a cyclist ever want to wear oversized sunglasses if he has a round face shape? Not in the wildest imaginations possible. Apart from face cut, the purpose or the profession also decides the style you should go with. Taking the instance of a cyclist, say, the cyclist should go for a frame which provides extra coverage from air and dust along with being lightweight, durable and comfortable. The colour is also decided with the purpose in mind. A neon shade is not well suited for an MNC employee while going to his office. Here, warm tones are the safest choice.
- Weight – continuing the factor of purpose discussed before, the weight of the frame decides it’s suitability for different purposes. An athlete, a cyclist or any other person involved in excessive physical activity on a daily basis would want to go for a lightweight frame as that makes it easy to carry all day long without making the person uncomfortable. Whereas a person wearing glasses for a short period of time while driving can manage with slightly heavier or bulky frames. So weight is an extension of the previous factor.
All of these factors are important in more ways than one. They help us choose the perfect style for our face. With getting all these factors in check we can sit back and enjoy the sunshine.