To every parent, their child usually is the most beautiful in the world, but In some cases, child models hiring agencies might also agree with the same. If the child is picturesque to look at, not camera shy or is comfortable amid unknown faces at a stretch, then probably the child is apt for modeling assignments and contracts.
Listed below are a few points that need necessary follow-up for your child gaining access to the modelling world.
- Get the photo shoot of your child done by a professional photographer. It could be a shoot on the floor or with any other simple background. Get a portfolio made of candid photos of your child in simple, neat, and clean clothes to showcase their natural beauty. Better not to use any props, toys, jewellery or gaudy clothes for a portfolio shoot.
- Start selecting agencies to contact with the child portfolio in your area and approach them. This will provide the concerned industry people with information about your child’s intention (actually its parent’s intention to make their child model) to work in this industry.
- Always trust legitimate and well-established models hiring an agency for handing over your kid portfolio as a child model. Different agencies come across different kind of kids requirements based on age, size, and looks. If the portfolio of your child would be with models hiring agencies, the chances of kids getting an assignment sooner or later increases manifold.
Look for registered/reputed model hiring agencies as it mitigates the changes of you as parents being duped. Write child-related information like name, age, eye and hair color, birthday date, clothing size, and weight, as well as your telephone number on the back of each photograph separately.
- You can get your child admitted to modeling schools that help refine skills along with finding modeling jobs for the kids. Many parents believe that teaching modeling skills are not important to the kids as if they can follow the directions they can be a good model however there is a set of other parents who believe that professional modeling agency can train your child for the best. You can find the modeling agencies in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, and almost every metropolitan city.
Get them clicked well
Child photography and videography does not require much of professionalism or hefty investment. Clean dress, casual and simple, preferably in solid colors can do magic to the portfolio shoot. There are several don’ts for such shoots, for example – no hard makeup or heavy dresses, the hair on the eyes, messy food face, runny nose, closed eyes, distracting background or accompanying children with fellow beings or pet in the photo.
There should be clean close up shots of your child smiling face others with a thoughtful and pensive expression. And yet another could be with the complete body shoot and headshot so that the agencies have complete judgment regarding the looks and the statistics.
- A career in child modeling is not meant for every child, and talent agents likes to work and stay in touch with parents that are cooperating, adjusting, and flexible. The child may be asked to be present in the studio at last moment so, be ready to leave anytime with your kid if you want to create a niche for your child. Leave aside attitude and unprofessionalism while approaching agents and agencies.
- Also, check with yourself if you are right parents for a child model as it is a very competitive field, and your child may have to face rejections over and out. As a parent, you should be prepared to accept the rejection without getting frustrated with the child, and you should make your kid also to understand the situation.
- Although modeling seems to be very glamorous at the finish, it is a very strenuous job that requires a lot of auditions and time investment. These waits could be long and boring for the kids as well as parents so, be prepared for the same.
- Although professional child photographers and stylists are accustomed to making photo shoots more of playful activities for kids, but it could be another way round too. So, be patient and teach your child to be resilient when faced with long working hours that requires multiple hairstyling and clothes changing.
- Your place of residence makes a lot of difference in your child getting selected for big profile modeling assignment. Whereas a metropolitan city resident parents would have greater exposure to the opportunities. Local agencies may be able to book your child only for the small jobs for nearby stores and companies showroom or small scale commercials.
- Be cautious of fake agents and agencies who ask for upfront money. Renowned and professional models hiring agencies do not ask for money up- front. They usually charge a commission on the contract amount between parent and advertiser.
- TV commercials can yield bigger payoffs although as a parent, you’d have to go through a talent agency or an agency division that specializes in television. This could be time-consuming too but increases the chances of your child featuring in TV commercials sooner or later.As a responsible parent carry essentials like a bagful of your child’s toys, snacks, and an extra two or three pair of dresses to change if needed.
A quick roundup
With lots of preparation, organization, and dedication, parent forms the bottom line for getting their child entering into the world of modeling. The carrier needs patience, exuberance, and understanding on the part of child and parent both. Contact well-known model hiring agency only after a thorough evaluation of your child’s personality in the right perspective. It is important for parents to stay in regular touch with agencies by continuously sending pictures of your child. Be courteous to everyone present in the photoshoot, stage or studio as agents and agencies remember and welcome well-behaved parents alone.